Happy New Year! Do you have health goals or “New Year Resolutions” set for 2021? We do! One of our goals is to better our offices and serve more people, so our staff continues to attend training, even if it has to be online for now. But, our chiropractic offices don’t just provide chiropractic adjustments. We also want to help our patients to live their healthiest life, whether that means giving you stretches you can do at home to help tight muscles, ergonomic advice, or suggestions for vitamins, supplements, or diet changes that can help you feel better. Let’s take a closer look at healthy goals.
Healthy Goals (Ideas to get you started):
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day (recommendations vary).
- Close your “Move” ring or get a certain number of steps each day.
- Visit your chiropractor on a regular basis to be proactive with your spinal health.
- Stretch or do yoga each morning.
- Find an exercise that you enjoy doing practice at least 3x a week.
- Meditate in the morning or evening to practice mindfulness.
- Cook homemade meals with fresh and healthy ingredients.
- If you have a desk job, get a standing desk, or stand for at least 5 minutes every hour.
- Get outside daily for fresh air.
- Find healthy activities that you can do together with your family.
Tips for Setting (& Hitting) Healthy Goals:
- Write your goals down. This simple practice makes it much more likely that will happen.
- Make your goals SMART – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and with a set Timeframe.
- Tell a supportive friend or family member about your goal(s). They may help to keep you motivated on the days you need it most.
- Post your goals so you see them daily. A good spot could be on your bathroom mirror or on your closet door – the point is not to forget about them!
- Don’t give up! Even if you take a step backward one day, doesn’t mean you have lost the chance to work toward your goal the next day. Keep at it!
Best of Luck Crushing your 2021 Goals!
An important part of your spinal health is keeping your body adjusted with regular chiropractic appointments and expert advice from your chiropractor – that’s where Dr. Guy and Dr. Daly can help you crush your healthy goals! You can reach Caspers Chiropractic in Hutchinson at 320-587-2292, or Shakopee at 952-977-9933. You can also click here to schedule an appointment. We’re ready to help! For more health tips and insight, follow the Caspers Facebook page.