A healthy body that is free of pain and illness can impact our quality of life. After all, we just get one body to live in – you can’t upgrade to a newer version like we do when we invest in a new car or a new computer. Do you have a healthy spine and body? Here are some tips for taking care of your spine and feeling great.
7 Tips for a Healthy Spine:
- Breathe deep – Reduce your stress with walks or meditation during the day. Lowering your stress can make your immune system more resilient.
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily – Getting your body moving not only reduces the risk of diabetes and weight gain, but also reduces migraines, back pains, and more.
- If you are smoking, stop. Smoking can lead to arthritis, spinal pain, and other health conditions.
- Enjoy more belly laughs – Laughing can stimulate your heart, muscles, and lungs, in addition, to relieve mental stress.
- Eat your veggies, especially greens – Broccoli, kale, spinach, and other tasty vegetables are high in calcium and can reduce osteoarthritis. Vegetables high in magnesium are said to help reduce back pain.
- Lose weight – If you are carrying extra weight, your spine and joints have to work harder, putting you at risk for sciatica, disc herniation, and discomfort.
- Get adjusted – Caspers Chiropractic in Shakopee and Hutchinson can help make sure your nervous system is optimized. We can help to relieve pain from spinal misalignment and give you the advice to improve your overall health, to live a longer, healthier life.
Wishing you a Healthy & Prosperous 2020!
We offer new patients a complimentary consultation with a doctor to help determine the next steps. Call us today in Hutchinson at 320-587-2292, Shakopee at 952-977-9933, or click here to schedule an appointment. We’re ready to help! For more health tips and insight, follow the Caspers Facebook page.