This is the time of year when people start to get sick and consider getting the flu shot. We would also like to offer you some ideas for naturally avoiding colds and flu.
Tips for Staying Healthy and Avoiding Colds & Flu
- Eat a healthy diet. Avoid food that weakens the immune system such as excess sugar, refined flour, and other processed foods. Stick to a nutrient-dense, low toxin diet.
- Take Vitamin C and Vitamin D daily. Vitamin C and D are important for your immune function. The absence of sun in the winter months creates vitamin D deficiencies in our bodies.
- Wash your hands frequently. Something as simple as washing your hands frequently can make a huge difference in avoiding sickness.
- Get adequate sleep. Adequate sleep and rest helps to optimize your immune function and allows your body to heal. Try to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night and avoid stress.
- Stay Hydrated. Everything in your body works better when it has enough water. Drink plenty of fluids, including herbal tea and your body will fight bugs better and heal quicker.
- Get Adjusted. Chiropractic adjustments remove nerve interferences and will strengthen your natural immune system’s ability to resist viruses and bacteria.
Family Chiropractic Care in Hutchinson & Shakopee
An important part of your family’s overall health is keeping your body adjusted with regular chiropractic appointments and expert advice from your chiropractor. You can reach Caspers Chiropractic in Hutchinson at 320-587-2292, or Shakopee at 952-977-9933. You can also click here to schedule an appointment. We’re ready to help! For more health tips and insight, follow the Caspers Facebook page.